Which is your preference to visit in Florida – South Beach or Fort Lauderdale?
I personally have been feeling that I lean towards enjoying Fort Lauderdale more. Although I do love going to South Beach and the party scene there. Miami reminds me of a mini-Manhattan and the skyline does not disappoint.
I’ve passed up on returning to South Beach a few times because I wanted something different and I’ve thought to myself “already done that”. Now, I am potentially looking to moving to Miami for a bit but it is such a hard decision!
Which beach neighborhood would you choose and what do you count as pro’s and con’s?
- Close to other beaches, such as Delray, Boca Raton, Pompano and Deerfield.
- Less of a party scene, but still many bars and beach venues available.
- Less crowded beaches and less sloppy drunks.
- A more “older” crowd residing there
- Better for families
- Close to downtown Miami and quick ride to the Florida Keys
- Major strip of Ocean Drive and many entertainment spots.
- Crowded beaches, more parties and clubs
- Promoters on beaches approaching you for deals to a club/party
- More of a younger 20’s crowd at most times especially during spring break time.
- Worse parking and regulations on roads
- Skyline and real city feel
- Museums and attractions
To get into details on bars and clubs, I won’t do but South Beach does have significantly more. It all depends on what you like and the atmosphere of places you like to go out to.
Being towards my 30’s now, I still cannot make up my mind!
If you’ve moved to Florida, let me know where and how you like it.