I’m so happy I am doing a 2 day bus tour this weekend to get out of the city and off somewhere new! A few months ago, you may remember me posting this article on getting away to Canada. Now I’m doing it!
I went with the bustours.com option of a 2 day trip for $125 (including the 1 night hotel stay) so I will only be gone Saturday and Sunday, but it will feel much longer. It requires a passport since we’re going to the Canadian side, which I am told is better for viewing because most of the Falls are on the US side. It’s semi-guided so the excursions I will be doing are all optional and for an extra free, but I do want to indulge. You’ll get to read my reviews when I return.
Here’s what I’ll be doing and seeing:
– Get picked up in Manhattan at 8am
– Arrive to the Falls in the afternoon
– Do the Cave of the Winds tour – we get to go in with lanterns – cool!
– Roam around and check into the hotel – Comfort Inn – hope it’s comfortable
– Bar hop – always a part of my schedule
– Dinner reservations at the Keg Steakhouse overlooking Niagara Falls for the evening
– Wake up, get coffee and breakfast
– Go on the Maid of the Mist boat ride – heard it goes under and around the Falls
– Grab lunch at the top of the Skylon Tower – it rotates!
– Go wherever else I can with free time
– Depart back for an evening arrival
Now that’s a quick 2 day trip out of NYC! You can do it too, there’s bus tours to many other states as well as parts of Canada. I wouldn’t last having my foot on the pedal for 6-8 hours or spending ~ $500 on a quick flight. Bus tour it is!