While searching for accommodations in Curaçao, you will come across many choices. From name brand resorts in Willemstad, to low key shore houses off the beach roads, or apartments on a cliff (my choice!) , you really can’t go wrong. The locations are all close to the beach, if not on it, and the views are vast due to Curaçao being a volcanic island. The entire island is mostly leveled on cliffs!
My choice of accommodation – the Blue View Apartments in Sabana Westpunt. I could not have been happier with my choice as I drooled months into my stay. I chose it mainly for scuba diving reasons. I wanted to be near the beaches were shore diving is possible and the best, which are the north western beaches.
Also, I wanted a bit more privacy since I was vacationing with the bf so apartment hunting was the way to go. I drove through majority of the island since Sabana Westpunt is on the northern end (about 1 hour from Willemstad) and never did I see another place such as this one.
Also – I got engaged on the patio!
My entire vacation was great. I and the now fiancé would drink and hang out on our patio for hours, gaze into the waters below, watch the snorkelers, sip more drinks into the sunset, and just keep going gaga over our location. Our beach, Playa Forti, and the others up and down the road were just as great for shore diving as we had read. The waters were all just as blue and clear as the online pictures you see.
But enough about how much fun I had –
Here is what I loved about Blue View:
– Location – on a cliff. Too awesome, views or two beaches and the island as it curves. Also great for pictures!
– The blue colors – The entire apartment was baby blue with white furniture. It made it feel so beachy, cozy, and comforting. I don’t think I’ll do white walls ever again.
– It’s a full apartment – From studios, to 1 or 2 bedrooms, each unit has a full kitchen, bathroom, living room and patio. There are 8 units only and you all have your own private entrance and parking spot right in front of your door.
– So many windows and natural light – When I and the fiancé were not outside, we had all the windows open and had birds visit us by the window. They were so friendly. It never felt dark except at night.
– Animals – So I mentioned the birds, but we also had 10 lizards below us! They would crawl out onto the neighbor’s balcony ( I believe it was vacant) and hang out in the trees. I played a game trying to find them since they camouflage well.
– Drying line – This came into handy so much with being able to hang out wet towels and clothes onto the line right off our patio. It all dried up quicker too than hanging it onto a chair.
– Free WIFI – It worked perfectly all along.
The prices are great too, ranging from $95 for a studio to $135 for a 2 bedroom. It’s more affordable than a room at a resort downtown.
The staff were all wonderful – no complaints, always helpful, and we got welcome drinks in hand.
For booking – The Blue View Apartments are a branch off of Rancho El Sobrino, a 2 minute ride down the road. That is where you check in, inquire about anything you need, and you can stay there as well for a more budget experience. Their restaurant is rated the best in the area and we had a lot of locals we met going there for the evenings!
Love Blue View! Love Curaçao!